We left Utah on a Saturday, but before we left we went up to Salt Lake to visit my grandma, and my 2 aunts. My grandma lives in California so I don't ever get to see her. I think the last time I saw her was over 4 years ago. To long if you ask me.
Another thing we were able to do while in Salt Lake was go visit my dad. It has been even longer since I was at his grave site. I feel so lucky to have an amazing family who tells me all of these wonderful stories about my dad. This is the first time either of my kids have been able to see him.
One with the whole family
My grandma is so very special to me, she is the mother of my dad. She is the reason I am here today. I wish I was able to see her more often, b/c when I am around her I see my dad so clearly.
With my 2 aunts Marla and Valorie.They are both my dads sisters. They are so wonderful and welcome us with open arms every time we see them. Its like time hasn't ever passed when we get together.
The mountains are his home, He loved to be in the mountains. My aunt told me he loved it so much b/c he didn't feel so tall in the mountains. Which we was he was 6'8.
My sweet little moose giving kisses to his great grandma.
I am so grateful that we were able to go out to Utah and spend time with family and loved ones.
I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who deals with all my craziness.
I am so grateful for a family that still remembers all about my dad and that they still tell me new stories about him.
I am so grateful that I have the knowledge that I WILL live with my dad again, that I will be able to hold him again.
And I am so grateful for my wonderful children, who right now Bruce is giving my raspberries on my arm and Dylann is singing a song as loudly as she can.


I've never seen a picture of your Dad's Mom or sisters. It's so neat to be able to see his grave and what his tombstone looks like. Mallory has talked about your Dad a lot to me. It's always nice to learn more. Thanks for this post. And 6'8?! Wow! I forgot how tall he was!
ReplyDelete