Tuesday, December 22, 2009

31 Weeks

So it is official, 31 weeks is not the best week of good news for me and being pregnant. When I was pregnant with Dylann at 31 weeks, the doctors made me go straight to the hospital. I had to stay there for a week and then I had Dylann at 32 weeks, she was 3lbs. 13oz. I had toxemia, where your body decides that it doesn't like the baby and tries to fight it off. Well of course the baby always wins, so it starts to hurt the mothers body.
Well I just went to the doctors, just for a check up. Well my blood pressure is up! (its one of the many signs of toxemia). They worry about high blood pressure for a couple of reasons. Like toxemia for one, and also after awhile of having high blood pressure, the placenta could start to deteriorate. They took a lot of other test and came up with some things that I have to do now.
1.take blood pressure meds
2.6 hours of bed rest a day on my side (i don't have to do it all at once)
3.come in 2 times a week for a 'non' stress test
4.lots of blood, and urine testing
5.weight checks
At first it was a lot to take in, b/c I feel great. I feel like I can do what ever I wanted right now. I have tons of energy, and am really ready to party with the family for Christmas. At first I was really mad, like 'why is this happening?'. Well I can't answer that one question, but what I can answer is that I am so grateful that it is this and not what happened last time.
I can be home with my little girl.
I can still move around half of the time.
I am not 'sick' yet.
Things could be worse, I could have toxemia right now and be in the hospital for Christmas. I could be having a baby right now. (we are totally not ready, and very unhealthy for the baby). So all I can do is do what the doctor says to do. Dylann gets to watch a movie everyday now, and I get to read all the time. And hey I wont have to do as much cleaning as I would normally. (it could be a good thing or a bad thing).
I am so so grateful, and count my many blessings everyday. Thank you for all your support.

3 comments:

  1. Dang, I hope things can stay manageable for a while longer. It's nice that you are so positive about it all. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in our thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted on the coming weeks. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No! Please be so careful and do even more than the dcctors say - rest longer, eat healthier, sleep and stay off your feet! Keep that baby in your tummy this time! We will be praying for you and your baby and fam. We love you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete