Monday, December 14, 2009

Baking with Mommy!

So I have been really craving cookies lately. My aunt gave me the best cookie recipe that makes a ton of cookies. We were done with all of our Sunday activitys early, like church, and eating with my family. I thought it would be a great idea to bake with Dylann. She always sees her cousins' cooking with there mom so she has really wanted to cook with me. It was very stressful, messy, and the most fun I have had cooking in a long time. She doesn't get that its ok to get messy, and that your hands are going to get slimy (when you don't have an amazing kitchen aid, and only a hand mixer that doesn't work very good). All and all she had so much fun, and they turned out wonderful. trying to fix the hand mixer fixing the hand mixer again giving up on the hand mixer and using our hands instead, she doesn't really like to get her hands dirty. She would put her hands in the cookie dough and then take them out and wipe them off. I was trying to teach her how to roll the cookies, instead she would grab some and throw it on the pan. her master peace.I am glad that I decided it was ok and didn't stress out, that there was going to be a big mess and that she needed a bath afterwards. I knew that Danny was going to clean up after. I was able to enjoy my little Dylann with all her sillyness.

1 comment:

  1. That first picture is precious! What do you say you post that cookie recipe!? Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete