Life with 2 has changed everything, and I love it. We went to get induced on Friday the 19th, they started the inducement at 12:30, I started pushing at 8:15 and Bruce Wayne Palmer was born at 8:38. We are so happy that he is here and that everything went well. After the whole delivery I was so shocked, I can't believe that was so easy. I mean don't get me wrong childbirth is hard, but compared to Dylann, this was a peace of cake, I was able to enjoy the whole thing, I was able to hold Bruce right after he came out, and I was able to start nursing soon after. I was able to have him in my room the whole time. I was able to hold him as much as I wanted. A much more enjoyable experience than having your baby being rushed off the the NICU right after she is born and then not being able to hold her for 2 days, and then only being able to hold her when she eats.
Our first family picture
Dylann was so funny with the baby. She was so happy to have Bruce here. She wanted to hold him and she kept giving him kisses it was the sweetest thing in the world. She got really mad when it was my moms turn to hold Bruce...
My mom and Bruce, you can see in the back round Dylann throwing a fit, She was so mad when my mom took the baby, she was yelling at my mom, saying "mommy hold baby, Dylann hold baby, no Nana, no Nana. Mommy hold baby." It was so funny. She got up right in my moms face we finally had to step in, even though we couldn't stop laughing.
At home with Baby Bruce, Dylann loving it up. She always wants to hold him. She wont call him Bruce, she will only call him baby, or if we say something she will call him baby Bruce, never just Bruce.
First day home by myself. Dylann still loving Bruce.
She is now starting to get mad at me and she is trying to push the limits, trying to see what she can get away with. Even though she still doesn't get away with much. We are loving every minute of this new life. We are so happy that Bruce is here in our life. He is such a great eater, and sleeper. He sleeps for about 3 hours at a time at night. I am so lucky. I will post more pictures soon.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


hooray for a happier labor and delivery experience for you! Definitely earned a smooth ride this time after Dylann.
ReplyDeleteSo funny about Dylann and your mom!
I am so thrilled for you guys Meryn! Bruce is adorable. I'm glad the birth went well too! Just a heads up, Dylann might get worse before she gets better. The excitement wears off but the nice thing is, she will be such a big help when she realizes that Bruce isn't going anywhere. I'm just speaking from my own personal experience. My advice, try and spend one on one time with her so she gets the attention that she needs. It'll be hard but you're a great mom and you can do it. Can't wait to see more pictures, but NO RUSH!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for all of you. He is a beautiful little boy and you already know that Dylann is beautiful. It is fun to read what you guys are doing. I love ya all. Congratulations and tell Danny thank you for keeping me posted.
ReplyDelete