Monday, August 9, 2010

Our Crazy Week!!

Saying that this last week was crazy is an understatement. We have had the craziest week that I can ever remember having in my life.
First we got a package from Danny's parents, it was an old Halloween costume and Dylann had to be the 'Dragon'. I think it looks like a gator, but whatever.
It is really supposed to be for Bruce, but I think we will wait for a couple of years for him.
We got the high chair out, oh man he loves his food, and he was so happy to be sitting in it.
We were just feeding him in the bumbo but, he kept trying to get out, so that didn't work very well.
We went to the zoo, oh man are these not the prettiest flowers ever. They are so big, I have like a million of Dylann with the different flowers, they had pink and white also.
Sunday Dylann and Bruce just playing, she can't not get enough of this guy, but thats ok b/c neither can I.
Monday we went to the Ohio State Fair, SO MUCH fun. My Brother and his wife and there 5 kids were in town, so we all went together. My mom bought these shirts for the girls, so we had to have a photo opp.
Riding some rides, she was in heaven, yea Nascar (not really just the ride)
Tuesday was the craziest day of all. So Dylann and I were just playing on the ground goofing off and tickling. Well she laughed so hard and throw herself back and hit her head on our 'hot coco' table. At first I thought she was ok, but she was freaking out and she was on the ground screaming, I was trying to calm her down but she was shacking and screaming. She finally let me pick her up, and there was
BLOOD
all over the ground. That's when I lost it. I started screaming. Looking at her head there was so much blood every where, I was in total panic. I tried to call Danny, it took me like 5 tries, seriously I was shacking at that point. I called him, Dylann was screaming I was crying, I just said 'come home Dylann's bleeding'
(this whole time Bruce is just hanging out on the ground next to us, like nothing ever happened)
Like 2 mins later, Danny comes running in and see us, freaks out. Well I would, what would you do if you walked in the door and see your wife and child covered in blood?
Well so he takes her from me, and tries to look at the cut, it is getting really big. I run up stairs to get some cloths on, yea I am in my underwear this whole time. We finally decided its time to take her to the urgent care,
She was not happy about that. Well we had to have Danny, me, a nurse and the doctor hold her down to put the medicine in and then stitch her up.
She only got one stitch, but still I felt like I should get the bad parent award.
This is right when we got home from the doctors office.
The doctor really wanted her to have a bandage around her head to keep her from playing with it. Dylann was not having it. They sent us home with a roll to do it ourselves later. I was done for the day after that. We just layed on the couch together the rest of the day watching princess movies.
Me finally getting her to where the wrap, only b/c I had one on too.

Wednesday was our anniversary!!!! Our temple anniversary, we have been sealed together for 3 years now. When I came down stairs this is what I found. I have the best husband.
We are really poor this year, so instead of buying me flowers, which I always kill. He made me some, these are my favorite flowers. I love that man. Not to mention he did the post before this one, and I had NO idea, someone at church told me about it. I was totally taken aback. Thank you sweetie.
I made him something but I didn't take a picture yet. Its a subway art. With all the words to us, and the temple.
That night we had to go to the temple. We have been telling Dylann we would take her for a long time and we just haven't found the time.

Dylann touching the temple
Look at that handsome man
Thursday we went back to the fair, did I already tell you it was so much fun. My mom got a lot of free tickets, so we had to take advantage of it.
Dylann petting a baby lamb
a baby cow, (mommy's favorite)
a really cool pumpkin
more rides
Friday we wake up to this, That night we went to the temple for our anniversary, The best day of the week.
Saturday, oh man another crazy day. Danny went to go do some yard work at my aunts house. I was getting everything ready so we can do some running around later. Well Bruce was on the ground, he rolled over on his tummy and was getting upset, Dylann thought that it was a good idea to roll him back over to his back.
Well then I hear this blood curdling scream, I run in there and Bruce's arm is all tucked up under him. So I pull it out, and he is just so upset. I pick him up and he wont calm down, but he also isn't moving.
His arm is just hanging down by his side. Of course I start freaking out again, and crying. Dylann feels so bad by now she comes and hugs me. I call Danny he is on his way home. I call my sister (her daughter just had a dis-located shoulder), she doesn't answer, I call my best friend Liz (she does doctor stuff), she doesn't answer, I call my moms cell phone, she doesn't answer. Well my mom doesn't get off that easy I call her home phone, and yell at my dad to give the phone to my mom.
I tell her we are bringing Dylann over so we can take Bruce to the doctor.
By the time we get to the doctor, Bruce is feeling better and moving his arm a little bit.
The Doctor said that it was dislocated, so when we put him in or took him out of the car seat, it must have popped back in.
Oh My little man, I love you.
Dylann and Bruce I love you guys so much. Don't ever scare me like that ever again. I love you
Lets just hope that we don't have a crazy week like this for a long long time.
(sorry this was so long)

3 comments:

  1. Um yeah. That IS crazy! OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm glad everyone is okay! (Including you! I know how stressful those situations can be!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a pretty crazy week. When Shad was little and the ER say us coming they would go get the board which had straps on it to strap Shad down so that they could stitch him up. Give the kids our love and I'm glad they are alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CRAZY!! I am glad you all okay though. I think kids scary you now until...... I have an almost 11 year old and a 6 year old and we still have our many adventures.. :) We love you guys and Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete