Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our Fun Little Get Away

We had to get away for a bit, so we went down to Kentucky with our best friends the Roessners. We went to Ikea and the Newport Aquarium. It was so much fun. Ikea was the best of course, I think Danny was getting mad b/c I wanted to keep buying everything. What can I say the closest one is 2 hours away so we don't get to go every day. After Ikea we went to our hotel, we had to get one with a pool of course. Dylann has been asking to go swimming for weeks now and to go to the beach. Dylann had the best time, she didn't want to leave she kept saying
"I swimming mommy, swim mommy, swim daddy" With our friends Liz and Olivia
Daddy throwing Dylann in the air, she kept screaming with delight.
Dylann and Olivia in matching jammies, they thought it was the best thing ever.
Bruce is so happy in the morning. I just want to eat him up, so cute.
We went to the Newport aquarium, it was so much fun. They had so many different fish and some reptiles, it was totally worth the 20 bucks per person. We saw these spider crabs, wow they were so big. Dylann hated them can you see it in her face? I couldn't stop laughing, I know I am such a mean mom.
Bruce really liked looking at everything. He was so happy the whole time, even without a nap.
Dylann with her friend, the shark.
We unfortunately got attacked by a giant octopus.
All is well though, Dylann was saved by a giant frog.
They had a lot of jelly fish, they were so pretty. I could just watch jelly fish swim all day. They are so graceful, like a sweet melody. I can't believe I just said that.
Until you go swimming with them.
(Dylanns face is up to the glass so it looks kinda weird)
Danny and Bruce are almost as tall as a shark, of course Dylann wanted to get in on it.
She is such a poser
We got to touch sharks. They felt so weird. I was so scared, they kept saying, "make sure the eyes pass you by before you put your hand in the water to touch them." WHAT, so your saying you don't want them to see us or they just might think we are food and eat our hands. That to me just say yea its ok to let my little girl stick her hand in shark infested water. Well of course I am not that smart so here is a picture of my Dylann touching a shark. I think I must have taken crazy pills that morning.
More of my craziness.
Our cuties by the Ohio river. Dylann of course is posing.
On our way home, passed out
Dream land with the many new things she got spoiled with.
We had so much fun with our little weekend get away. We will be doing this again. Thanks to our dear friends for coming with us and dealing with our crazy kids. It was so nice to get away. I love spending time with my family and friends. Both the kids did so great in the car which was so great they slept almost the whole time both ways. It was Bruce's longest car ride so far.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! And I love your pictures! The editing is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. I think you have inspired me to take a weekend trip like that. Your blog is getting really cute.

    ReplyDelete