Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We Are Having A Boy!!

So about a month ago, we went camping with my family, before school started, and before everything go all cold again. As we were sitting around the camp fire, my older sister was telling us all how her sister-in-law had her doctor put the sex of there baby in an envelope so they could open it up with the whole family. So my older sister thought that my husband and I should do the same thing. Well I am not very good at waiting, so of course we wanted to find out right away.
We decided to not tell anyone, until we could get the whole family together to tell them all at once. So let me just tell you, I am a very open person, and I will admit I am not really good at not talking to people, especially when I have good news. I felt like everyone who didn't even talk to me was asking me what we were having. It was a really test for me. We ended up making a cake and dying it blue so when my family cut into it they would see that we were having a boy. They all decided to guess first and my sisters and mom were so sure it was a girl, and my 2 brother in laws were so sure that it was a boy, well the guys won, on all rounds!
Every guy in this family thinks that there are to many girls in this family, which is true, b/c my one aunt as 2 girls, 2 granddaughters. My uncle has 5 girls, My older sister has 2 boys and 2 girls. My oldest brother has 2 boys and 3 girls, and a sister that has a boy. So if I am good at my math that is 19 girls to 6 boys, (including my siblings excluding the in-laws) that's a lot of girls. So I think i speak for all the guys out there, that's one more point for the men, (dang it)
No really I am so super happy about having a boy, we already have names picked out. His name is going to be Bruce Wayne, (see what mean I can't keep good news to myself) I know what you are thinking right now 'that is batman right?' Well right it is, but we are not naming him after batman, we are naming him of of the 2 most important men in my husbands and my life, our grandfathers. And it just so happened that we liked Bruce better for a first name then Wayne as a first name.
I am due at the end of Feb, and I feel fabulous. I haven't had any swelling, (unlike the first time I was pregnant). All I am is tired ALL the time. I guess chancing after a 2 year old that can happen to a person.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Meryn, we feel the same way about our family's as well. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother plus Jordan makes 5 girls to 3 boys (including Keith) for my side. Keith's side is 13 girls to 9 boys including grandkids. We are proud to put another notch on the men's side in both our families.

    ReplyDelete